Almond is a stone fruit and has extensive health benefits. They’re a nutritious snack choice that you can increase the daily diet. They contain loads of vitamins and therefore are healthiest of tree nuts.
Consuming one ounce or about 23 almonds daily enriches the diet with minerals and other essential nutrients.
Almond nutrition isn’t just confined to proteins and fiber; they are a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, potassium and magnesium together with riboflavin and niacin. Obviously, the sugar content from the almonds is reduced.
This 1 ounce serving of almonds provides 13 g of healthy unsaturated fats and 1 g of saturated fat. 160 calories are found in the 23 almonds serving.
Almond benefits are many and hence they are proactively added in the diet by many men and women. Aside from having a great taste, almonds have a lot of medicinal values.
Potassium content in them is an important electrolyte required for nerve transmission and contraction of heart muscles. Daily ingestion of these wonder nuts helps in keeping blood pressure and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Healthy Brain: As ages, it is a popular actuality that almonds provide crucial nutrients to the brain and is considered to be the best food for the brain.
Riboflavin and L-carnitine content from the almonds efficiently increases neurological activity. They increase longevity and intellect too.
The antioxidants in the almonds help to fight skin cancer. The nutrients aid in reducing signs of ageing.
- Aids in Diabetes: The mono-unsaturated fatty acids provided by almonds assists in slowing down of the release of glucose into the bloodstream.
- Encourages Weight Loss: Almonds are a rich source of dietary fibres and wholesome fats which help in weight loss.
The fiber content prolongs the feeling of fullness in the stomach, thus assists in avoiding extra intake of calories. They reduce bad cholesterol and promote weight loss.
- Strong Bones and Teeth: The phosphorous content in the almonds aids in building and maintain strong bones and teeth.
- Strengthens Immune System: The alkaline materials provided by the almonds aid in maintaining the alkaline system of the body.
Vitamin E present in these nutritious nuts helps eliminate the damaging-causing free radicals present in the body. The linoleic and linolenic acids present in the almonds help reduce the inflammation.
The health benefits of almonds are many, making these nuts the wonder nuts that are high in their nutrient punch. Add high quality and standard organic almonds in the diet bought from organic producers and suppliers.